Friday, October 08, 2004

The second debate between The Bush and Kerry is now over, thank God. I am so sick and tired of hearing that whiny (whiney?) voice of Bush. He sounds like a frustrated teenager who doesn't know what he is going to do next. People apparently think Bush is stronger on defense but I don't know what they base the illogic on. My negative opinion of Bush goes way beyond policy differences. I just don't feel he is qualified mentally or emotionally and he is probably the laughing stock of the world. I would hate to be a political leader from another country and have to meet with him. As a footnote to this, a good friend in Thailand told me that a couple of years ago Bush had gone to Thailand on several matters and while there he offered them x-number of dollars in foreign aid. The King declined the offer. Yes, it is a constitutional monarchy so the king reigns but does not rule but he is so respected by his people that what he approves or disapproves of is what will happen. This made a lot of people happy there and I was glad to hear the news also. You just know that any foreign aid comes with a lot of strings attached and such a deal would have put Thailand in a bad position. They are in good shape financially now and don't need the dirty money from Washington.

As for the third debate next Wednesday, I will miss that one as I will be in NYC at the Metropolitan Opera that night and mercifully away from TV sets at the time. Carmen will be far more interesting than Bush.

2 comments:

Zahyan Sekhel said...

"People apparently think Bush is stronger on defense but I don't know what they base the illogic on."

They base it on the fact that Bush will actually do something.. rather than just trying to be nice to them...

Irving said...

Unfortunately it is a bit of Bush brainwashing that has led people to think that Kerry would be soft on terrorism. It is part of the Bush/Cheney scare tactics.