Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oh my aching back...

Spent two hours cutting up some variety of milkweed which had overtaken the back of my unit and threatened to snake itself over to and in the door. Still a little more work to be done but at least I got the bulk of it out of the way...FINALLY! The old Cala Foods site has really become a beehive of activity this week. On the street level parking side they have removed some windows. In the area of the old circular ramp on the California Street side they have poured some concrete around what I thought was going to be an elevator shaft. Now I don't know what that is going to be. On the Californian Street side they dug rather big hole in the sidewalk and placed something in it...something to hold electrical equipment? And inside the lower level they have reinforced the main floor with at least one I-beam plus other metal parts. Can't wait for Trader Joe's and CVS Pharmacy to open there but I have no idea when that will be.

No comments: