Friday, June 03, 2005

Yesterday was a beautiful day in San Francisco, warm and sunny, so what do I do? I go to the movies. Not just any movie but the latest Star Wars. What a mistake that was. I give it two thumbs down. It was dark, oppressive, ponderous, heavy, and left me depressed upon leaving the theater. I felt like I had been assaulted by all the characters in the movie and I could not wait to get home as a result. I should have taken a long walk. It would have been far more enjoyable.

When I started going to the gym in February, one goal was to lose some extra pounds around the middle and to tone up. Well, my weight has dropped dramatically and apparently not all around the middle as there is still some fat there. I have gone from 145 to 124 and each day the scale records continuing weight loss. I have even started to eat more. Part of the program involved a complete change in diet, which I have done, and it has worked but too well. I really can't afford to lose weight all over. I need to tone up and get some definition but so far my body has apparently not added any muscle tone. In addition to eating more I have increased the amount of weight that I work out with where possible but so far the only thing I can show for it is a continued loss of pounds. Yikes! What is going on?

825 and counting. That is the number of people killed in Iraq since the new Shiite-led government was announced April 28th. When will this stop? Not soon I am afraid.

No comments: