Saturday, April 15, 2006

SF to Seattle: Butt out!

If we want to complain about the rain, we can complain about it. Besides, our rainy season usually coincides with Standard time. That is, October through March. This winter it won't stop but maybe we are paying for the extra amount of warm dry weather we had in October and November which lasted until about one week prior to Thanksgiving. I just knew we would pay for that and we are. Grrrrrrr......

I guess I should explain about the headline above. A headline in this morning's San Francisco Chronicle read: Seattle to SF: Lighten Up. So this is my response to that.

The Cherry Blossom Festival opened today to a torrential midday downpour so I cancelled my plans to go the Japan Center complex for any of the events. I will not have time tomorrow and no telling what next weekend will bring us. If next Saturday is decent I will try it again as I would like to get my annual dose of Taiko drums by way of San Francisco Taiko Dojo. Unless they moved indoors from the Peace Plaza, today's event would have been rained out as were two SF Giants games earlier this week. What a mess and I hear that some people might be growing webbing between their toes. Ha! (Or is that some sort of fungus?)

No comments: