Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Who knows?

Well, I guess there might be some news here. It is not easy these days however with the corruption in Washington and elsewhere plus a whole bunch of crap going on in this city and state. It is enough to drive me back to Thailand on the next flight. Yes, I know that no country is perfect but after nearly 68 years in this country, almost anything would be a welcome relief to this BS. I really miss "Pin" and "A" in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and would like to see them again ASAP. Not sure what I will do for next trip to that beautiful country as I first must deal with a journey to France in October. I cashed in my remaining mileage on United for a free ticket and can hardly wait for October to arrive as I have not been there since September 2001.

And now the Republicans, having failed at most everything else, are raising the issue of a constitutional ammendment once again to ban same sex marriages. When will these bastards leave well enough alone? Why can't they deal with the real problems facing this country? They are such a bunch of idiots! In addition to the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfelt trio, you have Bill Frist trying to push this constitutional amendment to ban same same sex marriage and to make matter even scarier, he has been mentioned as a possible GOP candidate for president in 2008. Oh, my god, when does the next flight leave for Thailand or Vietnam or Cambodia, or wherever?

Anyway, a flight to another state or country might be easier later this year as I suddenly find myself working overtime for the next three weeks. I will be very tired by the time is it over but I will be several hundred dollars richer as a result. This may actually help me with my next vacation in Thailand which is just what I wanted to do in January. I was blindsided by this at work today but from now until June 16th I will be working ten hour weekdays plus four or five hours each Saturday and Sunday through the 16th of June. I will certainly need a vacation by the time this is over.

So that is the latest, such as it is, from my little corner of the world in this City by the Bay.

No comments: