Thursday, February 28, 2008

I need a drink!

This week I decided to play catch up on the 2007 movies I have not seen and which won one or more Oscars on Sunday. Oh lordy, did I do a number on myself with that decision. On Tuesday I saw the excellent acting of Javier Bardem in "No Country of Old Men" but otherwise did not enjoy that extremely violent movie. Yesterday was a relief and a break as I watched one of my favorite actors George Clooney in "Michael Clayton". The ending of that was a hoot. Today I saw Daniel Day-Lewis in "There Will be Blood". He was excellent and the movie was excellent but wow, did it ever drag me through the ringer? "No Country..." should not have won the Oscar for best film..."There Will be Blood" should have. At least Lewis won the Oscar of best actor. Now, however, I need a drink. Ha!

No comments: