Friday, November 07, 2008

Interesting days ahead...

Now that the hoopla of the election is over we/they must get down to work. I just hope the Republicans don't make too many waves when a decision is not to their liking. Life is a two way street and we must work together on all these issues that face us in these perilous times. Right now we all await Obama's decisions for his cabinet posts. Most of the names I have heard mentioned as possibilities are unfamiliar to me but the one that is familiar to me is one that I do not agree with. That is, John Kerry for Secretary of State. I am a life long Democrat but to that possibility I say NO WAY. I would be hard pressed to find the "right" choice right now but I think Mitt Romney might be a good choice. Yes, I know he is a Republican but there is no reason Obama can't have one or two Republicans in his cabinet. After all, according to my friends in Massachusetts, Governor Romney was a liberal Republican until he aspired to higher office and then he moved to the right. If Mitt doesn't want it why not hold Condoleeza Rice on a little longer. I like her and I believe she has earned the respect of many people around the world.

Oh, this is frustrating. Why am I not familiar with names of Democratic contenders for post in the new administration?

No comments: