Sunday, November 30, 2008

Troubles in "Paradise"

My vacation plans have me going to Thailand on the 5th of January but recent developments have really soured me on going there. Right now I can't because the airport in Bangkok is closed due to the unlawful occupation of the airport by protesters. At this time there appears to be no solution to the on-going civil unrest so I am seriously considering canceling my plans. Luckily I had purchased flight insurance earlier in the year so hopefully I can get a refund on my ticket. My friends are going to be greatly disappointed but, as they say, "That is the way the cookie crumbles". Thailand needs to get its act together before I will ever consider going there again.

As for local happenings, I had a very nice Thanksgiving in Vallejo with my friend Richard and his sister and brother-in-law. Of course we ate too much. LOL So now it is back to a normal sized diet. This is going to be a boring week as Alice & Ralph have returned home in southern California and I just realized that I forgot to bring reading material with me. I am scheduled to go home on Thursday so it will be a long four days until then.

No comments: