Thursday, December 04, 2008

GO / NO GO

During the next few days I will be contacting Expedia regarding my flights to and from Thailand scheduled for January 2009. I purchased flight insurance this time around and a preliminary check with them a few months ago indicated that I could cancel and get a refund. I hope so. Altough the airport at Suvarnabhumi is now open, the political problems in the country are not over and I think it would be a waste of my time to travel there at this time. I have been there several times already so why go again when the political situation is so shaky.

My friend in Sakon Nakhon will be very disappointed but there is little I can do. Perhaps he should rally his countrymen to obey the law and abide by the outcome of elections, something some people have had a very difficult time doing during the past few years.

Oh well, looking on the bright side of things, if I do get a refund I can now buy an HD TV to go with my new Comcast DVR. Yippee...

No comments: