Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cold day in ...

In this case it is San Francisco as winter (as we know it) has arrived with very chilly temperatures, rain, and some hail and even a dusting of light snow on the highest Bay Area peaks.

2009 for me however could be even colder as my retirement funds continue to hemorrhage in their value value and at the current rate will be worthless by the end of the year. While my Social Security will cover my rent (for now) and food, there would be virtually no money left over to pay my other bills. What to do? Declare bankruptcy? Actually, I don't know if that would even be possible. It is not that my bills are too high (at the moment) but it would become of case of my income dropping too low due to the financial meltdown on Wall Street. I would not really want to do that but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Even paying off credit card(s) would probably not help. I think I would have to terminate my Verizon cell phone account and my Comcast account in order to make ends meet. This new year could be a terrible year indeed.

Oh well, the year will get off to a good warm beginning as I will once again travel to Thailand for my winter vacation. The 80 degree weather there is something I look forward to very much.

No comments: