Friday, June 19, 2009

Facebook, etc.

I guess it is time to hang it up on Facebook and other social networking sites. For one thing, what does hekka and hella mean? I can guess but I just see it as another distortion of the English language. Also, I am reminded (by the pictures on those sites) that not only am I overly ripe but that I may have one foot in the grave already. Ha! It is not fair however to others for me to hang around such sites. I have a few real friends there however I can see them without posting things on-line on those sites. Also, I just don't have the energy anymore to be partying that much. Even Happy Hour once a week will do me in now. :-(

Tonight I will do what I enjoy most. That is, go to the symphony and tonight's concert is a little different from the usual. It is a semi-staged performance of Gilbert & Sullivan's Iolanthe.

Our mild weather continues but cooler weather is predicted for the weekend for a short time. Hopefully it will warm up again after that.

Time to rest now...another sign of aging. LOL


1 comment:

Vincent said...

I am finding facebook a waste of time too. Nowadays, I go there once or twice a week - usually the weekends, to play a couple of games. That's all.