Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Noisy and/or nervous neighbors

Why the hell don't young people, especially renters, have any commonsense these days. I know from talking with friends in Southern California that they tend to leave a mess behind when vacating a place but here in SF I have one neighbor (above me in #301) who constantly paces the floor right above my bed every afternoon. Then when the boob next to me in #202 comes home around 6 PM it suddenly sounds like I am in the middle of Iraq and those explosions or whatever the hell I am hearing, go on until nearly 10 PM. Then he does turn things down a notch but I can still here the shit anyway. Sure would like to lob a hand grenade or smoke bomb into his apartment but of course that is no solution.

If Don, who had been the resident manager until his illness and death a few years ago, were still around none of this crap would go on. I could talk to him and he would listen and take action. But now we do not have a resident manager and the property management company in Mountain View only cares about collecting the rent.

Then I am caught between a rock and a hard place. I am in rent controlled apartment and have been since 1993 so my rent is "good" for me. There are a handful of other long term tenants here but I am sure the owner would like to get me out. Is this her way of "driving me up the wall" in hopes that I will move? Well, that won't happen because, quite frankly, I can't afford to go anywhere. So if push came to shove I would fight the owner tooth and nail if she did anything blatant to make my stay uncomfortable, or I should say, more uncomfortable than it already is. That said, should a move ever be possible for me, I would be out of here so fast that you would only see a brief blur as I went into warp speed.

No comments: