Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where am I?

Watched a movie from 1985 tonight - The Breakfast Club. Someone recommended it but I can't remember why but I enjoyed it and am not sure why. Perhaps I could identify with some aspect of each characters' lives. Who knows but it sure held my attention.

This has not been a good week for me as I learned that my friend's cancer continues to progress despite repeated chemotherapy treatments. As a result they have been discontinued and the only treatment will now to make him as comfortable as possible. Hospice care will probably be needed but we do not know how soon he will get to that stage of his life.

I have planned a trip back to Thailand in January but now I wonder if I should. He still has his siblings to help take care of him and we just do not know how slowly or how fast his health will deteriorate. Perhaps I should just take it one day at a time and not cancel the trip and least not yet. This is so difficult for me.

No comments: