Thursday, July 10, 2003

Average day

What can I say other than I am glad tomorrow is Friday. The week has not been too bad all things considered, at least not here. Other people around the world though, have had difficult times with shootings, plane crashes, ferries capsizing, and more soldiers being ambushed in Iraq. Perhaps some good will come out of that in that it might make George Bush's re-election in 2004 not so certain. Perhaps if enough of the truth can come out during the next year, he will also be a one-term president. Did I hear anyone say HOWARD DEAN FOR PRESIDENT?

Disklike mosquitoes? Well, a company in Korea might have the answer to those pesky little bugs.

SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's largest mobile phone operator said Thursday that it will offer cell phone users a new noise service that it says will repel mosquitoes.

SK Telecom Co. said subscribers can pay 3,000 won (US$2.50) to download a sound wave that is inaudible to human ears but annoys mosquitoes within a range of three feet. Customers can then play the sound by hitting a few buttons on their mobile phones.

The company claimed that the service worked during tests.

The service, which begins Monday, has one drawback: it consumes as much battery power as normal cell phone rings.

SK Telecom has 17 million subscribers and controls a little over 50 percent of the domestic market.

Golly, I wish I could do something to eliminate the noise of the heavy footsteps of my upstairs neighbor. He sounds like a 500 gorilla at times. Sometimes it sounds like he is remodeling the apartment late at night. Sometimes he does have late night parties. Sometimes I hear him early in the morning. Doesn't he ever sleep or does he alternate usage of the apartment with his friends???

No plans for this weekend. I guess that is good as I couldn't afford anything if I had plans. My budget seems to be shot. Must be the result of Democrat overspending so I must institute some Republican cutbacks. Ouch!

Catch y'all later.

No comments: