Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Meanwhile, back on the home front, I have completed my Christmas shopping and this is probably the earliest I have ever completed it. Today, however, was a mess, with frequent heavy showers. Leaving Nordstrom's just after lunch I found it was pouring. I put up my umbrella but by the time I got across the street it had stopped so I lowered my umbrella. Within a minute it started pouring again so once again up with the umbrella. As soon as the bus arrived it stopped raining and did not start again until I got to my stop so again - up with the umbrella. It was like I was playing tag with the rain. Anyway, my next sojourn to me to Walgreens for Christmas wrapping paper, ribbons, etc. and then a stop at Cala to buy lottery tickets for tonight and Saturday. It raining off and on during that walk but not as heavily as earlier.

With my slide scanning project completed I could start with the color and black & white 35mm film strips but I think I will hold off until after the holidays. One reason is that I need to inspect all remaining boxes of photographs for any possible overlooked slides. Also, I may not have filed all of my film strips properly in which case I will have to add them to the 3-ring binder files. Hopefully, too, during the next few weeks I can complete the book of the history of Thailand that I have been slogging through for several months. It is of interest but keeping all the people, facts, and figures straight in my mind is not easy these days.

Oh well, one good thing about today's rain. It came in on the "pineapple express" so our temperatures are much milder now. No electric blanket will be needed tonight.

No more symphony concerts in my subscription series for several months now and it is even longer until the final two operas of the current season. Those won't be until June 2005.

Right now, though, it approaches bedtime so I will sign off for this time.

No comments: