Monday, July 10, 2006

Quiet day

It was a quiet day as I waited for the St. Vincent de Paul Society Thrift Store truck to stop by for some donations. As expected, they would not take the metal typing stand. They did take the wooden bed frame that I retired recently as well as a CD tower plus one hard shell suitcase that I threw in at the last moment plus a laptop computer case which I had acquired second hand but never used for that purpose. Now what to do with typing stand? I know that typwriters are not something that we see much of these days but this is a sturdy metal table with a drop extension leaf and large sturdy retractable wheels. It could make someone a nice utility table in a garage or workshop. I just wish I knew how to get it out of my hair. Salvation Army would not take it either. Anyway, while waiting for them to arrive I got a lot of reading done and I spent some time planning the further re-organization of this apartment.

No comments: