Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Undoubtedly Poor Service

UPS = Undoubtedly Poor Service

These yahoos have failed big time during the past two weeks. About two weeks ago they couldn't find the building that I live in or the apartment. They said the apartment number was missing from the package but why is that when my copy of the order and billing invoice had the information correct? If it was in fact missing, why couldn't the driver simply come up to the building intercom, find my name and apartment number, and ring me. Well, I guess that was far too complicated for these bozos. When they finally did deliver the 70 pound package, instead of calling me from the intercom ahead of time, a simple task I would think, they haul this heavy package up the steep 20 stairs or so of this building to the security gate and take off. They did not even have the courtesy to let me know the package was there. Then I really had a problem becuase I do not have a hand truck and my small luggage carrier cannot handle the weight. So I started pushing and got it to the first of five short stairs leading up to the elevator landing at the back of thd first floor only to pull a muscle. That has bothered me for two weeks now. Fortunately a neighbor saw my problem and came over to help me lift it just enough to that I could slide it the remaining distance to and into the elevator.

Now today another package was out for delivery and I have been waiting all day for it. Upon checkinig with the UPS website, the information shown is that it was delivered at 10:24 AM today. NOT SO. There is no package here. Where the hell did they put it? Since they did not ring this apartment again I can only assume that they left it outside the security gate again and this being a small package, that someone stole it. As I write this someone in customer service is supposed to be checking as to where it was delivered. They better find it otherwise they owe me $111.30. Also, I am tempted to file a formal complaint with UPS regarding their lack of service as well as file a complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission. This is ridiculous. This is WORSE than ridiculous actually.

I will never ever use UPS again even if it means using the slightly slower United State Postal Service where possible or FedEx for heavier items. I have wasted more damn time waiting for their non-deliveries and on the B.S. the past two weeks that I am now livid to say the least.

No comments: