Sunday, October 15, 2006

Notes from afar

Here I am on day five of my vacation in Paris with five more to go. Activities have included a concert of music of Mozart, Vivaldi and Schubert at Iglese de Madeleine, Mass at Notre Dame and two days trips out of town via train. The first was a return to Rouen northwest of Paris via standard Co-rail equipped train. This was my second time to that city. The second journey was via TGV to Dijon, southeast of Paris and that was my first visit to that city. This afternoon I will attend an organ recital at Iglese de Madeleine and Tuesday night I will return to Notre Dame for another concert of music of Mozart and then go to the Opera Bastille on Wednesday night for Strauss' "Salome" with Catherine Naglestad and Chris Merritt in the leading roles.

Except for returning to the Eiffel Tower and to Versailles I have done everything I wanted to do on this trip. The Eiffel Tower is doable any day but Versailles will have to wait until at least Tuesday as they are closed on Mondays.

No comments: