Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Don't you just love these huge multi-national corporations who hide behind layers and layers of web pages, none of which have the information you want. Or, if you send them an e-mail, the only thing you will receive quickly is an automated reply acknowledging receipt of your message. One such corporation is Dell Computer. I have been trying to get my Inspiron 1501 laptop fixed for over a week and either they don't call when they say they will, or the project is complete while I am on the phone with them and they tell me that they will send me an e-mail with step-by-step instructions for the clean re-install of Vista but the e-mail never comes. When I send them an e-mail about that message which never comes I am referred to some third party website with instructions for the clean install but the only problem is that it doesn't work so I have to send them another e-mail and I am still waiting for a reply to my question and my problem. I have decided that if I can ever afford another desktop computer and/or laptop, it will be a Mac just in an effort to try to get decent customer service. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Dell a 2 and I think I might be generous there.

So for the moment I think Dell stinks.

No comments: