Saturday, June 21, 2008

While I will certainly vote NO on the proposed California constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, I am also concerned about the push for marriage in this country. My own personal feelings are, Why bother? It is something that straight people have made a mess of so I wonder if gay people will do better in the long run? Yes, there are some legal issues that need to be resolved but I don't think that marriage will be the best way to go. Some other people also feel the same way and you can read reactions from another country here. Personally, I don't want to get married. I would prefer just to have a significant other - period!

1 comment:

Vincent said...

My sentiments exactly. There are already messy gay divorces going on, even as others push for the right to get married.
A friend once said gay marriages would only mean there are now 'Gay Adulterers'.