Friday, June 06, 2008

I don't know what is the matter with the people at Dell Computer and their technical support line. I spent considerable time on-line with somebody in Bangalore or wherever on the 23rd of May. They updated the BIOS on my laptop and apparently tweaked a few other things but did nothing to correct the problem of its periodic shutdowns. I told them that the machine was running hot at times but that received no response from them. Anyway, following this on-line session with Agent Alvish I received an e-mail from Agent Gaurav thanking me for contacting Dell Technical Support and advising me to reply to his e-mail with the subject line remaining the same should I need further assistance. Well, I did this on the 29th of May because the machine was still shutting down (apparently after overheating which was an issue I raised the first time) and to date no one has replied to that e-mail. I will try the Dell forums but I do not have much hope and confidence that anything there will correct this problem especially since it again shut down last night. Once again that case felt hot to the touch and the fan seemed to be working overtime from moment I turned the machine on shut down. This morning I started the computer but the fan was once again working overtime but this time it would constantly change speed as exhibited by the variable whooshing sounds it made. Just one question now: Does anyone at Dell care? Perhaps they don't as this machine is still under warranty and they don't want to do anything until that warranty runs out in February 2009. Well, I am not going to let that happen.

No comments: