Monday, July 14, 2008

Here I am in my friend's house in Vallejo, California. Shortly I will be going to the hospital to visit with my friend before he goes into surgery for colon cancer.

Last night was rather creepy for me as it was the first time I had spent a night alone in this house and all sorts of natural noises had me freaked out at times so I had to get up to see if I could find the source. I never did so I eventually got to sleep. Then I woke up early this morning (5:30) and went over Scotty's, a convenient breakfast and lunch place near the house. Now I am just watching the clock as I write this. I plan to be at the hospital around 9:30 AM. Surgery is scheduled for 11:30 but they will probably move him into the OR area around 10:30 AM. Then it will be another hour or two for the actual procedure so this will be a boring day of waiting and just hoping the everything goes well and that there are no surprises along the way.

No comments: