Saturday, July 19, 2008

Recession? What recession? I went downtown today to the Westfield Shopping Center and other stores and I have not seen that many people there since Christmas. The only things missing were Christmas decorations and the Salvation Army people and their kettles.

I will never understand what tourists and others see in some guy banging on plastic and metal buckets on the sidewalk and making all sorts of noise but they sure gather round. Such noise...such foolishness! Don't they have anything better to do?

The weather today was again only partly (very partly) sunny with a good dose of wind. I wonder when the weather will improve here in SF?

My friend feels a bit stronger following his colon cancer surgery but is now having problems breathing so is on oxygen. It has been one thing after another for a number of months now. This is not good. He is scheduled to be discharged from the hospital on Monday but now I am not sure what will happen.

BTW, last Tuesday's post was not the last but this is a roller coaster ride in which I am not sure what will happen next.


No comments: