Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Saw "The Dark Knight" today and found it be the best Batman movie to date. It was thoroughly entertaining and seeing the IMAX version added to the excitement. I loved the entire cast. For some reason I had never thought of Batman as being evil but there seemed to be a touch of that in him this time around. The Joker (Heath Ledger) was terrific and very evil. There is one thing that bothered me however and this makes me wonder if I am clairvoyant or what. In the beginning of the movie there is an extended bank robbery scene and I saw that somewhere, sometime. The whole sequence of events inside the bank including having a bank manager pull out an assault rifle to shoot some of the robbers, the grenade inside the manager's mouth and the school bus crashing through the front wall of the bank to take the robbers and the cash away, was something I have seen previously. Were these scenes taken from another movie? They must have been otherwise how do I explain having seen such details priior to this movie being released? There were so many details and it was such a long sequence that I really doubt it but how else to explain this.

No comments: