Thursday, April 08, 2010

I am seeing Red

This is getting so tiresome and I worry about my friends there. I would like to return to Chiang Mai in January but I am now wondering what shape the country of Thailand will be in by that time. These stubborn Red Shirts who only want one thing and that is the return of Thaksin Shinawatra as Prime Minister. Well, my friends, that ain't gonna happen, so what would happen if the current P.M. dissolved parliament and actually did call for new elections as the Red Shirts have been demanding? Would they accept the outcome of that election? I doubt it. And then there if the matter of the frail and elderly King. How much longer will he last? I am hoping for the best however it is a very precarious situation to say the least.

By the way, if you want to get some good background on the Royal Family and Royal Succession and the problems involved, check out the articles at The Economist.

No comments: