Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Voice Mail

It would be great if various businesses would get away from automated phone menus. There are too many times that I go around in circles trying to get to the right person. For example: Today I tried dialing Verizon customer service regarding re-setting my voice mail password. When it didn't work I ended up in an endless loop going no where so at the end of the message I quickly dialed several zeros and actually go connected with a live person who helped me with my problem several times in the earlier process I was continually referred to the previous number that I had dialed. Yesterday I had the same problem with Dell technical support. Each time I had to re-enter my express service code and start all over again. In the end I got disconnected and had to start all over again this morning. Fortunately, in both cases, the problems have been resolved but...
I HATE AUTOMATED VOICE MAIL IN WHICH IT IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH A LIVE PERSON.
That is not good customer service at all. No ifs, ands, or buts.

No comments: