Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Another morning...


More rain and wind so I guess I will stay indoors today although I need to go to the post office briefly. Yesterday I was kept indoors by the heavy rains in the morning and being a semi-holiday I could not go to the post office.

UPS showed up early (right after lunch) with my new scanner so I spent all afternoon trying to figure out the various functions. It was not the easiest task as the printed instructions covered only the basics and then barely. Even the on-line documentation, Q&A, and troubleshooting guide left something to be desired. The hardest part was just trying to scan a photo. Well, duh, that is why I bought it but everytime I tried I received an error message that it could not detect a camera. Well, duh, I should have read the set-up instructions a little closer. It seems that I had to go to a command labeled "source" and tell the software to look for a scanner and not a camera. That solved that problem but then trying to get it to save the photos in a location I could find easily turned out to be a chore. I finally solved all the apparent problems and even managed to scan a few slides. This was one of the important functions for me as I have a huge number of slides and film strips going back many years which I want to archive on DVD so I can clear out my closets. This will be a big chore but now I have the tools with which to do it.

Super Tuesday is rapidly approaching but if John Kerry wins today in Wisconsin it would just be a formality that he would be the nominee. John Dean was my first choice but I can live with any Democrat so long as they can beat Bush this fall. Another four years of that nitwit would just be too much!

No comments: