Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Where did you get those pants?


A Chinese woman unhappy with the trousers she had stolen from a shop may have erred when she took them back to be shortened.

"The woman found the pair of trousers too long for her, and hearing from others that the store alters any clothes they sell free of charge, she went there," the China Daily said on Tuesday, quoting the Yangtze Evening Post.

"But the store discovered the trousers were a missing pair and held her until she confessed to her theft."

The newspaper did not say where or when she was caught.

-x-x-x-x-x-


Ah, the sweet mysteries of life. Well, I am still here but not accomplishing a whole lot. I have yet to get started on the scanning and archiving of my slides going back a number of years but at least I have set up the folders for them.

I have a number of books to read but have yet to finish the one I started over a month ago. It is interesting but unforunately extended periods of reading tends to put me to sleep and/or I just can't sit for long periods. Either my butt gets sore or I just get restless and did to get up and walk around. This has been a problem for many years. One thing I absolutely cannot do is read in bed. If there were ever an effective sleeping pill for me it would be that.

Ralph Nader...go home! I think that guy should just shut up or at least stay out of the presidential race. He muddied up the waters so much four years ago that we now have a mess on our hands and his re-entry into things could duplicate the situation once again. One friend thinks not as people would be less likely to vote for him this time. I hope my friend is right.

Should be getting a new fridge sometime today. The property management company has finally agreed that my old fifties era fridge is inadequate so their appliance supplier is scheduled to call me this morning with an ETA. Yippee...!

No comments: