Saturday, May 29, 2004

Back to the real world

Or, back to normal. Whichever is applicable. Having just returned from two weeks in Bangkok I am still trying to get back up to speed. There was a ton of mail and this has been complicated by the termination of my mailbox at the end of this month and instituting mail forwarding for the PO box plus the notification all of my vendors, accounts, and correspondents that my snail mail address will change in June. Well, I got through my checks and bank statement in good shape but I still have notify a lot of people about the address thingie.

The other big project will now be to sort through all of the photos and video clips I brought back with me. This includes re-sizing photos for my website but this seems to go much smoother these days with Paint Shop Pro 8 (Jasc).

Now I am worried about a correspondent from Manila who works for an oil company but is stationed in Saudia Arabia. He has been there about two months now and today I learned that there has been an attack on one of the facilities there which resulted in about 15 deaths and two of those were Filipino nationals. Now I don't know what to think. I do have a cell phone number and will try that early Sunday morning PDT which will be evening there. Hopefully I can get through to someone at that time.

I know this...Bush must go. I am not sure Kerry has the vision to carry on but can anyone be worse than Bush?

Oh, before I forget. About a month ago I said I should stop buying books until I have read what I already have. Well, I apparently did not pay attention to my own warning as I bought two books while in Bangkok. Actually, reading would go a lot faster if I weren't so adicted to this computer. Ha!

No comments: