Saturday, March 18, 2006

Where am I?

Well, I am still in San Francisco but this week has been one heck of a week. After being registered with several temp employment agencies for a number of months, I suddenly got a call from one that offered me a job right back where I started in August 1982. Well, I took it! I was feeling a little ambivalent about coming out of retirement but I needed to smoothe out some financial road bumps and this was just the ticket but now I know why I like retirement so much. I dislike leaving the apartment so early in the day especially on rainy days. Also, I am once again have to do during the weekends everything I could do at leisure during the week. Well, this is a temporary assigment and I will survive it but I doubt that I would want to do it again.

So now I am thinking ahead to next year as well as various other things. I need a new bed although there is little room in this studio apartment for what I want but a Tempur-Pedic bed would be great. My old mattress is not comfortable at all.

I am also trying to decide about my next vacation journey. I want to return to France but I also want to return to Thailand. Oh what to do, what to do? While I can identify with the culture of France, a nice warm day on a deck chair at Dong Tan beach in Pattaya sounds so much better especially while I am battling the cold weather here in SF.

Just to "hang out" sounds so wonderful to me that I want to take off now. Ha! I really do not understand how some people can say that retirement bores them. Don't they have anything of interest outside of the 9 to 5 routine? Don't they know anything about the rest of the world or are they big fat slobs who watch a zillion hour of friggin American TV every night of the week? It is so sad to see how undeducated Americans are when compared to the rest of the world and how out of shape they are physically. Mental and physical wrecks describe too many Americans these days. So sad...so sad!

Well, I guess I have rambled along far too long here for now so I will wrap this up and say "Good Night and Good Luck". Oops, that was Ed's line. Oh well, hasta la vista Baby. No, that was someone else's line. Oh, what the heck. Bye y'all.

No comments: