Saturday, June 17, 2006

Living in the ghetto

What the hell is the matter with this building? Doesn't the property management company care about who they let in here? I am now surrounded by loud idiots, one in the apartment next door and the newest one in the apartment directly above me. Both are thirty something going on 16. Then there are other loud mouth people visiting these people and others in the building. This situation is rapidly becoming intolerable but I can't afford to move just now. Certainly my rent would go up dramatically if I did and I certainly cannot afford first/last months rent and/or security deposit right now. I think that if Don, the manager of many years were still alive, this situation would have never developed or at least would not be allowed to continue. Idiot number one next door plays very loud music (if you can call it that) and our common wall vibrates considerably at times as he seems to have the speakers right up against the wall and are in no way isolated from the floor or the wall. One good thing can be said for him. He knows it off after 10 PM. The same cannot be said for idiot number two who moved in upstairs recently. His thumping bass sounds reverberate on my floor and disturb my sleep until midnight or after sometimes. If their leases are written the same way as mine, they are in clear violation of the paragraph concerning noise. Oh how I wish I were the manager or owner. I would evict both immediately but I am not so what do I do? What can I do other than move which I cannot afford? Don't these people care about their neighbors? Are they so self centered that no one else matters? Can't they turn down the volume some? Can't they use headphones sometimes? Can't they use common sense? I will answer that one. No, they can't use common sense because they don't have any. Their parents obviously failed them and now the world is burdened with two more useless people.

No comments: