Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Coup in Thailand

I am saddened by the recent turn of events in Thailand and hope that the situation will quickly resolve itself. What worries me most is that should it drag on or turn ugly and violent that the U.S. Government would use it as an excuse to intervene in the internal affairs of the country and that would only make matters worse. I sent an e-mail to a friend in Bangkok yesterday and received a quick reply. My friend said he is fine and that it is quiet there. In a country that depends so much on tourists it would be a shame if this were to drag on and kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Thailand has made so much progress in recent years and has developed very nicely. I and many others would be highly distressed if everything came unraveled all because of one renegade politician (Thaksin).

Here is the latest from the Bangkok Post.

More news.

No comments: