Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pocket full of notes, but mostly lint

After enjoying the opening of the opera season last weekend I must wait an extra week before hearing the second production. Actually, Un Ballo in Maschera was the opening night opera but I was not there that night. BTW, the review for it were not as good as for Die Fledermaus. My viewing of Tristan und Isolde has been delayed until the 22nd of October because I will be in Paris on the 14th. However, while there I will get to see Salome with Catherine Nagelstad and Chris Merritt at the Paris Opera (Bastille Opera House).

A good friend of mine indicates that I make a mean Cosmopolitan (Cosmo for short) which is dry and not too fou-fou. The ladies might like something sweeter but he doesn't so we will have one of our periodic private Happy Hours at my place. We also have "cheap" Happy Hours which consist of some inexpensive (but usually good) red wine the from Bargain Bank store on Polk Street or from Trader Joe's.

My recent physical exam turned out well especially with my low cholesterol reading. Only one area of potential concern with a recent partial blackout so an Ultrasound has been ordered to check the carotid arteries. Hopefully they are not constricted, that the brief partial blackout was due to dehydration but one question remains in my mind. If one becomes dehydrated, does one suddenly get an intense headache on both sides of the head which lasts longer than the blackout sensation.

I am really looking forward to the opening of Bloomingdale's and the expanded Westfield San Francisco Shopping Center. That willl happen on Thursday, the 28th of September.

Well, I must get my ears lowered so I am outa here for now.

No comments: