Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Slogging along through the day

This day seems very disorganized to me. I guess I am accomplishing something at work but I'm not sure what and with only two-and-a-half days left without my co-worker, I am wondering if I will be able to clean up the records center before she returns next week. So much to do but so little time...yuck!

My inner thoughts also seem disoriented as I continue reading Gore Vidal. What he writes makes sense but I fear it also makes me more cynical and possibly paranoid about the government of the old U.S.A. Government intrusion into our daily lives is at an all time high especially with the Patriot Act in control and now there are those who want Patriot Act II. No wonder Mr. Vidal lives outside the country. It is not safe here.

That saddest thing of all is that so many Americans don't realize what is happening to them and the country. At least people here in California especially the Bay Area, are more aware but it is going to take more than that to get our country back on course.

We set ourselves up in Iraq for a fight just as previous leaders set us up with Japan in order to pick a fight. Neither action made any sense. Somedays I wish I could be the first man on Mars and if they could provide enough food, water, and oxygen for the rest of my life, I might not object. Of course, I would want to pick a companion for company. Hmm...Adam & Eve revisited? No, how about Adam & Adam! Well, whatever...

No comments: