Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Whale of a story.

LONDON (Reuters) - A British family's vacation was rudely interrupted when a 30-foot whale crashed onto their sailing boat off the east coast of Australia, British media reported on Wednesday. The 10-ton humpback whale leapt out of the water and pulled the rigging and mast along with it as it slid down the boat.

"I was below deck when there was a hell of a crash from port as it leapt out of nowhere," said Trevor Johnson, who was on the boat with his wife, two sons and a son's girlfriend.

"It's amazing that no one was hurt or killed, but it was a terrifying experience," he told The Daily Telegraph. The boat was 10 miles away from the shore and the radio equipment did not work. They were eventually towed to dry land after using a mobile phone to ring for help.

----------------

Well, I guess you can tell by my lack of entries or taking stories from elsewhere that I have not felt much like writing anything recently. It's true and I guess I am bored and/or depressed or frustrated by the political situation here in the U.S. I think I am also becoming more cynical as I have now decided that no matter who I vote for, things will not get any better. This country, in fact, the whole world, is going down the tubes. Sometimes I think that "outside" intervention is the only solution but then I am not a religious person. So what's the alternative. An alien invasion? Hey, they certainly couldn't do any worse than earthlings have done in recent years, or could they?

If anyone out there has a possible solution to the mess we are in I would like to hear it.

Until then, hasta la vista baby.
(Did I say that?)

No comments: