Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I can't believe the ignorance or stupidity of some people. Several years ago when David Letterman took enlarged photos out to the street, numerous people could not identify various infamous people. While one might be forgiven for missing Idi Amin how could one not recognize Adolph Hitler?

Now some of these same idiots are calling Reagan and/or Bush the greatest president(s) ever. Give me a break! That is an insult to Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, FDR, etc. During the time Reagan was president, there were even those who wanted to add his image to Mt. Rushmore. Words fail me to express my revulsion to such a proposal.

Anyway, the good news, personally, anyway, is that the flu bug, or whatever, that I contracted following my vacation departed as quickly as it hit. The bad news is that my sleep patterns are still out of whack and I continue to wake up far too early in the morning. I still retire around 10 to 10:30 PM but instead of waking up around 6:30 or 7 AM, I am waking up around 4:30 or 5:00 AM and not being able to get back to sleep. Strangely, too, this has not left me feeling tired at the end of the day.

Oh well, now for my odd story of the day.

---------------

LONDON (Reuters) - A British robber who stole 115,000 pounds ($211,300) in cash from a bank broke back in a week later to give most of it back, police said on Tuesday.
The thief got into the Barclays Bank in east London, smashed a window and helped himself to the cash in the ATM machine.

A week later baffled staff called detectives to say the robber had returned 104,000 pounds.

"We were contacted by staff saying a large amount of cash had been found in a black bag in the premises," a police spokesman said.

Police are probing whether the bizarre double break-in, thought to be unique in Britain, was an inside job, the Sun newspaper said.

"We know we offer cashback facilities but we didn't expect anything like this," a Barclays insider told the paper.

------------------



No comments: