Sunday, June 13, 2004

I suppose it is time I write something here. It has been a few days, a few days in which I needed the barf bag for all of the accolades heaped upon the presidency of Ronald Reagan, the man who did more to increase homelessness and delay effective AIDS programs than any other president in recent memory.

As for the funeral, I watched although I must say that I got a little tired of hearing "Hail to the Chief" each time his casket arrived or departed some location. In watching Nancy Reagan I could see my mother. That is, Nancy's mannerisms and demeanor resembled my mother's before her death a number of years ago. I also think I know what Nancy was feeling as I watched my mother go through a number of years of declining health due to Alzheimer's disease also. So death is a release for all concerned. Still, losing a loved one is still not that easy.

Now a friend, who found TV coverage too much, is hoping the the Pope or Queen Elizabeth don't die during the next few months. Well, I can't make any predictions about the Queen but I am surprised that the Pope has lasted this long and I feel his departure is imminent.

On a happier note, this is gay pride month in San Francisco and our big parade, the biggest event in the city, is scheduled for the last Sunday of June as usual (the 27th). Not sure what I will do although I expect to be with some friends somewhere that day. However, one of them, who shall remain nameless, is probably upset because I sent him a list of humorous computer definitions which he took seriously instead of as a joke as was intended by the writer. Perhaps I am now on his shit list??? Grrr...

Anyway, I was just checking the news headlines and it is all bad so "beam me up Scotty".

No comments: