Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Monster Park? Really? Why not Monster Cable Park? Monster Park sounds more like a description of that terrible stadium formerly known as Candlestick Park or 3Com Park than it does an official name.

And what with these activists who want to tear down Hetch Hetchy and replace it some sort of green or clean power as well as water from some other source still to be identified. What sort of pills have these people been taking anyway. If they want everything to revert back to its pristine nature why the hell don't we just turn back the clock two hundred years so there would be no more electricity or any of the other modern conveniences we have. We could all start riding horses again to work or work on the family farm in the valley formerly known as Silicon Valley. Maybe someone should just invent a time machine and send these people back on their own so they don't mess things up here in 2004.

As for other problems, I am in the midst of planning my next vacation to Thailand and having been there three times already, planning activities for the daytime is becoming more and more difficult. Just what do I do from "9 to 5" anyway? Evenings are no problem (LOL) but now I am faced with a very full social calendar before I even get there. It is such a problem that I might need a vacation following the vacation. (LOL) Now you are probably asking why I am going back for a fourth visit if I have seen all the major attractions. Well, for one thing it is winter here in January and I enjoy going to a warmer climate at that time. I am not a beach person so the usual beach resorts that many people go to are not an option for me. Even in Thailand they are not on my radar screen. I am a city boy as they say although I do enjoy the more laid back atmosphere of relatively small Chiang Mai vs. the huge and hectic Bangkok. It is nice to see the country side and mountains too but generally I just like the country and the people there and now, after three visits, I know people there and can visit them and not worry about doing the typical touristy things.

I feel good about one thing at home here as I finally completed the scanning of all of my slides. I started this in January and yesterday I completed binder 7 of 7. There are still some unsorted and uncatalogued slides but these are few in number so the project is essentially complete anyway. Next up is the more tedious project of scanning numerous 35mm color and black & white film strips. That may take most of 2005 to complete. After that, who knows.

No comments: