Sunday, May 01, 2005

It is a beautiful sunny day but windy. Drats...that danged wind is still with us. The day would be so much nicer without the chill wind off the ocean. Won't it ever stop...PLEASE!!!!

I did my usual weekend routine at the gym today...treadmill only...followed by the steam room and Jacuzzi. While using the treadmill on a cardio program my heart rate would not go above 66. It should have gone up to at least 115 or higher. That was puzzling so when I got home and checked my blood pressure it was 129/104. Yikes...my diastolic have never been that high. Within a half hour however everything was back to normal but I need to keep an eye on that. Something was amiss even if only temporarily.

My weight continues is slide downward with the latest reading on the scales at the gym of 134-1/2. When I started my routine in February it was about 147. Hmm...is it my workouts or my change in diet or both?

What is going on in the world of interest these days? Well, I guess nothing as we stumble along in the fog of international misunderstanding. I somehow doubt that the human race will ever solve its problems to the degree that man's inhumanity to man will ever stop whether it be in warfare or just single acts of violence against a neighbor or relative.

No comments: