Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Putting one foot in front of the other

I am slowly recovering from my vacation and catching up with mail, both snail and E. There has been a ton of it. Now I am into my financials for the month and trying to reconcile the ATM receipts from the banks in Thailand with what has been posted to my account. There seem to be three missing postings so I wonder if there was a glitch in Thailand at the time or somewhere inbetween here and there and if they will ever show up on my account. Oh well, I am not going to worry about it right now anyway. I still have to reconcile my January statement from WFB which will be a job in itself especially with all the "foreign" ATM transaction fees on it this time.

Today I will return to the gym but my blood pressure now has me worried as it is starting to creep up again and it was doing this before going on vacation. A year ago when I started going back to the gym it came down but now it going back up and some readings are higher than ever. For instance, one the evening before departure on reading was 178/105. Upon returning to SF, the first reading was 143/100. Earlier today it was 155/83 but my pulse was down to 53 which is lower than normal for me. Normal readings would be in the range of 120/80 or close to it so these are really disturbing to me. Help, I am falling apart.

Ah well, Super Bowl Sunday approaches and I can hardly wait - NOT. My Patriots are not in it and the Raiders and 49ers need complete new teams before they will ever be contenders again. Oh well, it will be a good time to visit with friends and loose a little money on a friendly wager. I guess the Steelers are favored but I will put my money on the Seahawks.

After being so busy the past month with my vacation and with various other activities in December, February will be a very quiet month. I have no activities scheduled with any certainty except for the Super Bowl party at a friend's place. Oh, what to do?

No comments: