Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Home again

9:32 PM Tuesday
San Francisco, CA, USA
31-Jan-06

Hi y'all....yes, it is me, home again, and three sheets to the wind following a very happy Happy Hour!

Yes, I returned home last night although arrival was about 3 hours late due to heavy fog in Taipei. When we arrived there from Bangkok the fog was forming but the time it was time to take off on my connecting flight after sunset, the fog really had thickened up a lot so we were delayed on the taxiway and runway for nearly three hours. This included a return to the gate to refuel. Dinner was served on the ground at the gate but that was interrupted by a a break in the weather and a hasty move back to the runway for take-off. That flight was very smooth as was the flight from SFO to Taipei on the outbound leg of this journey.

Puzzling to me, again, was the scrutiny that immigration afforded upon my return. Last year I was asked to show my photos from my digital camera. This year they did not seem interested in that but they did inspect my luggage. I do not know what they were looking for or hoped to find. Such idiots! Why can't a single guy go on vacation without all this extra muss and fuss over photos or what I might bring back with me. Certainly if they checked my regular photo website they would see nothing unusual there. If anyone out there reading this should be interested the website can be accessed here and would show nothing illegal or immoral. The only thing that comes to mind is that someone, somewhere, has given the Department of Homeland Security some erroneous information regarding me. If so, it is troubling to say the least.

Anyway, I am home and need to rest up a bit and get my act together. There is a ton of mail here, both snail mail and Email to deal with with as well as financial matters to bring up to date.

More later...

No comments: