Sunday, January 08, 2006

Up, up and away, part two

Monday morning at 12:15 AM I will be leaving on EVA Air for Thailand for 3 weeks. I hope that my health holds out. I had a scare last night when my wildly fluctuating blood pressure shot up to 178/105. That is the highest reading ever for both systolic and diastolic. I went to the ER at nearby St. Francis Hospital to check on things and they confirmed that indeed my blood pressure was high at that point but it seemed to drop a little while I was there. The doctor thought that this spike may have been triggered by anxiety over the details of this vacation. Since I was exhibiting no outward symptoms he felt that I would be fine but he told me I should see my doctor upon return anyway. What a way to begin a vacation! I have never had a cloud hanging over any other journey so I hope this is just nervousness or anxiety which has triggered the high bp readings.

During these next three weeks I will post some things to this site if and when I have time. For now, I am out of here.

No comments: