Monday, April 23, 2007

Do you know what I dislike intensely these days? Well, it is loud shrill woman in their twenties and thirties. One of my neighbors has a few friends like that and they can be heard all over the apartment complex when they laugh and much of their speech seems to come in at 200 db as well. Then last night I went to dinner at Sushi Rock on Polk Street and there was a group of six on the other side of the restaurant that had two such loud shrieking women in the group. One was Asian and should have known better but that was not the case. I wanted to yell "Will you shut the fuck up?" but thought that would not help matters any so I didn't say anything.

Yeah, I am an old fart but some people these days have no class...no manners whatsoever.

And think of being older, one way to tell you are older is if you can remember when the milkman delivered milk in glass bottles on a regular basis and there was cream at the top which had to be mixed by shaking the bottle. Also, the inside seal required pulling up on a tab, then pulling the top off. Since I had no fingernails I had to use a fork or knife to pull up the tab so I could open the bottle.

No comments: