Sunday, April 01, 2007

With regular unleaded gasoline at $3.36 per gallon here in San Francisco, the next time you want to drive anywhere, fill 'er up at McDonald's. WHAT? Well, two Americans did that as they drove from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego. I wonder if they ever got hungry in the process. Ha!

Is it me, is it something I did or did not do, but why am I so tired after staying out late last night. It has really hit me hard. I'm not as young as I used to be that is for sure but this time it was more difficult than ever.

BTW, why do some people insist on exiting buildings without looking where they are going? I have had many near collisions with people who seem to think they are the only ones on the street. I think the worst, for whatever reason, are those who turn and look in one direction while walking in the opposite. They are usually going full speed when they do that too.

On a more serious note, we have the impending troubles with Iran precipitated by the British marines and sailors being taken hostage in either Iraqi waters, or Iranian waters, depending upon who you listen to. Blair says he will not negotiate. Bush says give them back. Well, am I the only one who thinks this situation might be used as a pretext for invading Iran? Bush has said all along there are no plans to do so. Well now we have a situation that could have been set up by the Brits with the help of Washington in an effort to give us an excuse for doing so. How low will Bush/Blair stoop?

I think my favorite song should be "Fly Me to the Moon" or somewhere else to get away from the stupidity of some people on this planet.

And by the way, my hat is off to Elizabet Edwards and Tony Snow for continuing to do what they are dong despite their personal battles with cancer. They are right to not wither away and wait for the day when they might die. As John Edwards reminded us last week, we are all going to die. So why wait around for that day with nothing to do. That could be depressing. Live life to its fullest now while you have the chance.

No comments: