Monday, September 01, 2003

Is he angry?

Recently I called my friend about our planned vacation to Italy and when trying to look up the flight times, I inadvertently game him the flight time for my next trip to Thailand. He expressed surprise at that but did not say anything at the time. Actually I had told him earlier in the year about it but I guess he forgot or else did not realize that I was serious about returning to BKK. Anyway, I tried to call him Saturday about something but he did not return my call. I tried again yesterday (Sunday) and again, no response.

This is frustrating and if he is bothered by my plans he needs to get over it. I will go where I want, when I want, (if I can afford it) and I don't appreciate anyone pre-judging the situation or passing some moralistic views on regarding their own misconceptions about things. Let me say this however...yes, Bangkok has a certain reputation for its nightlife but then anything I can get there, I can get here too. If just costs more here. Also, I am not spending my entire vacation drinking and carousing at the local bars each night. My body has never been able to handle that and it handles it even less well these days. For that reason I did enjoy and will enjoy my time more in Chiang Mai which is a smaller city and has a slower pace of life. It too, has its night life but then what major city in the world doesn't.

Anyway, I hope my friend is not angry with me as this would put a damper on our trip to Italy. Unfortunately, I worry too, that there may be health problems which are keeping him from contacting me. Now that would be worrisome to say the least. I hope he calls today. If not I will try once again to call him.

No comments: