Friday, September 19, 2003

TGIF



Now what? Where do I go from here. I have just finished eating my usual boring lunch and must return to work in a few minutes. Tonight, at least, I have my first symphony concert of the new season at DSH although it features the overly familiar symphony number five of Beethoven. Next week, however, we have a biggee with Mahler's Symphony No. 4.

Had dinner with my friends from the U.K. last night and enjoyed that although the service at Thai Spice was not up to snuff. Must have been the crew on duty that night as all other visits have been fine. Last night the dinner was good as usual but the service was either rushed or inattentive, or both. If that continues, however, they may never see me again as there are so many Thai restaurants in the city to choose from now that ignoring one still leaves me with a very long list of possibilities.

The busy weekend will continue tomorrow morning as I need to get a haircut and do other errands and then my second opera of the 03/04 season takes place at night. It is Mozart's "The Magic Flute" which received a good review on opening night.

On Sunday I am off to the Oakland Coliseum for the Oakland A's/Seattle Mariners game with my friends from the U.K. and it looks as if it will be sunny and hot.

Well, I guess I have killed off enough time here with this drivel and it is time to get back to work.

Bye for now.

No comments: