Sunday, September 14, 2003

Saddest night of the week

That's what Sunday night is. If I can endure this night then I should be able to endure others I guess.

Anyway, the next two weeks are going to be super busy. Friends (actually one penpal and his partner) arrive in the country early in the week and we are to meet for dinner on Thursday night. Then Richard and I have our first symphony concert of the season on Friday night and our second opera of the new season on Saturday night. Then, on Sunday afternoon I will be going to the Oakland A's/Seattle Mariners game with my visitors from the U.K. Then next week I will have another symphony concert and another opera. The week of 9/29 - 10/3 will be rather quiet but then we are off to Rome shortly after that. After this is all over I might need a vacation from everything.

Dick Cheney is now hinting that they may need more than the 87 billion they have already requested for operations in Iraq. This is insane. This is absurd. This is immoral! We need to take care of this country first but no, we wouldn't listen to the U.N. or France or Germany. We had to do it our way. Perhaps with any luck we can salvage something out of this mess by electing someone other than Bush come November 2004. Unfortunately, they can do a lot of damage during the coming fifteen months.

Then there is the horrendous "Patriot Act" and the proposed "Patriot Act II" that Rumsfeld is pushing. This gang in Washington is nuts and very dangerous.

No comments: