Saturday, October 18, 2003

Back in the U.S.A.

Oh, where have I been? Well, on vacation in Italy where I walked and walked and walked and climbed stairs by the dozens in Rome, Florence, and Venice. It was a great adventure and I am glad that I saw the historical sights of those cities including the Vatican which brings me to the latest excellent column by Mark Morford in today's SF Chronicle. In a related event, I am reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons which involves a plot by the Illuminati (a group which may or may not have ever existed) to destroy the church. It is fiction however one can wonder sometimes about some events such as the untimely death of Pope John Paul I who died within a month of being elected Pope.

So now I have hundreds of photos to review and file away somewhere. I also have lots of other post-vacation duties to catch up on, and yes, I may even make some comments about the cities I visited in subsequents blogs. I need to get organized first and back to a normal routine.

Until then...

No comments: