Friday, October 24, 2003

What a difference a few hours make. At lunch today it seemed rather cool and not what I expected. Upon leaving the office at 5:30 PM it was rather warm...too much so for the jacket I was wearing.

Well, now I have done it. Comcast Cable has started offering high speed cable internet service in my area so I have ordered it. I hope this works. I could not get DSL into the apartment so that ended in failure apparently due to faulty wiring or some interference with the signal. I hope the cable deal will be successful as there would be no other choice in this building which is suprising for a building constructed in the early 1960s.

On what may or may not be a related matter, I am receiving an inordinate amount of
interference on AM radio in this apartment which is strongest in the kitchen area but even now effects my clock radio in the bedroom. It is next to impossible to listen to 50,000 watt KCBS at times as a result. Somehow I need to locate the source and/or report this to the FCC.

No comments: