Friday, October 31, 2003

Rude behavior continued

A correspondent in Australia reminded me this morning about the people (usually women too) who will take an escalator and step off and STOP. What do these people expect those behind them to do? Jump over them? Oh, I am sure if you bumped into such a person and he or she fell down you would get sued for this or that.

I still haven't quite got used to headset cell phones which are so small that you have to look for them to see them. With so many crazies running around the streets of San Francisco talking to themselves, I am never sure who is nuts and who isn't, no matter how they are dressed.

Friday at last. SF Symphony tonight with the featured work being a Chopin Piano Concerto (Horacio Guttierez) and tomorrow night I will see Verdi's Don Carlos once again with a cast that is very uneven. Only the mezzo was a stand-out on opening night. A correspondent told me one time that Verdi put the "grand" in Grand Opera but I am afraid that this cast takes it out. It is one of my favorite operas too. Grrr...

No comments: